Make Watson Road and Mortimer Road, Acacia Ridge Safe
|Principal Petitioner||Cr Steve Griffiths, Moorooka|
|Date Closed||Tue, 30 Sep 2014 This epetition has ended|
|No. of signatures||6 signatures (View signatures)|
Residents draw to the attention of Brisbane City Council the need to make Watson Road and Mortimer Road, Acacia Ridge, safe. Watson Road and Mortimer Road are suburban roads. They run past schools, sporting facilities, parks, churches and a community centre. These roads carry large trucks, heavy vehicles and B-doubles that often speed through the suburb.
We, the petitioners, therefore call on Brisbane City Council and the State Government to make Watson Road and Mortimer Road safer for our community by:
1. Re-directing B-doubles and heavy vehicles along alternate industrial roads;
2. Limiting the size of large trucks;
3. Setting up a School Safety Zone with flashing lights for Our Lady of Fatima School and Watson Road State School;
4. Putting in more traffic islands so residents can cross the road safely to parks and public transport;
5. Having Police regularly enforce the speed limits.