Petition opposing the proposed development at 63 Dickenson Street, Carina
|Principal Petitioner||Miles Burge, Carina|
|Date Closed||Sat, 08 Aug 2015 This epetition has ended|
|No. of signatures||68 signatures (View signatures)|
ooResidents draw to the attention of Brisbane City Council the proposed development application to build 33 units over four blocks at 63-69 Dickenson Street, Carina (Application Reference Number: A004001268). The petitioners draw Council's attention to the following concerns:
- The size, scale and bulk of the proposed building is excessive and not compatible with the existing streetscape or character of the area, particularly the height of three storeys and sheer bulk and scale of the building over four blocks of land.
- Car parking on the street is already at a premium and will become more and more difficult as developments are completed. Also
- The Eastern Busway is not a State Government priority and will not be built in the foreseeable future, so it should not be used as a justification for approval of this development.
- The capacity of Dickenson Street and the road system in the locality generally is not suitable for the proposed development and, if approved, it will generate excessive traffic movement and will therefore be a hazard to families and elderly people living in the neighborhood.
- 33 Units in Dickenson Street is excessive and would have an unacceptable amenity and privacy impact on the surrounding homes.
The petitioners therefore request Council to reject the development proposal in its entirety or, at the very least, scale back this development to a size and scale that is compatible with the character of the area.